Thursday, April 23, 2015

People, let me tell ya 'bout my best friend(s)!

I hate the Kardashians. I don’t care what Miley Cyrus did today. It doesn’t matter to me what Justin Bieber has planned for this weekend. I pretty much don’t care about celebrities at all.

Except I kinda do.

In a perfect world Ellen Pompeo and Chrissy Teigen are my best friends, and we sip mimosas while talking about how stupid everyone is for literally “keeping up with the Kardashians.”



*We’re the three best friends that anyone could have*


But these girls aren’t typical celebrities, right? Because they’re awesome, and not materialistic, and they care about other people, and they’re just all around good humans…right??

Well, maybe. I’ve fallen a victim into thinking that by following these ladies on Twitter and Instagram, that we are somehow actually friends (it could happen, okay?!).

Now some of the huge celebrities have their PR people manage their pages, or at least somewhat supervise what is put on there, giving them a less authentic feel, but with Chrissy Teigen, her feeds are a little different. She often gets in arguments with followers, tweets inappropriate things, and just acts like a normal person. She recently tweeted about how she knew which person on her plane was the Air Marshall, causing followers to criticize her for putting her flight in danger. She also recently told a story about how she was a victim of racism, and corrected the perpetrator on his stereotypes.

Air Marshal incident

Racist incident


 She also posted on Instagram a picture of her bruised legs, ending the caption with “Strechies say hi!” because the stretch marks on her legs were showing, and she was totally okay with it. It’s all these things that make me love her, but it’s also all these things that she allows me to see, that makes me love her. When people make fun of her, and say that she has had too much Botox (even though she hasn’t had any) I admire the way she handles it. However, I only see what she allows the public to see. I don’t see her crying on the couch asking John why people are so cruel. I don’t see her taking shots of tequila with John saying “f*** those people.”  I just see her handling the situation exactly how she wants people to see.



I also think I am in love with Ellen Pompeo because her entire Twitter feed is full of Grey’ Anatomy related stuff, and as we all know, I am obsessed with Grey’s. Aside from her tweets about the show, she tweets to her co-stars, to her followers, and activist related messages about how we need to make the world a better place. And her bio says “Professional assistant to Stella Luna and Sienna May Ivery” (her children) which is freakin’ adorable people. How could you not love her? But again, these are just the things they let us see. Maybe in real life she hates her co-workers, and doesn’t give a damn about mankind. Who knows. (Actually I know, because she is technically my friend and she is awesome.)


Either way, I admire these women. If I were a celebrity, no matter who told me I had to keep my cool, I would not be able to remain calm dealing with some of the obscene, sexist, and overall rude things people say on the Internet. 

1 comment:

  1. Only people true to themselves carry themselves this way when their celebrities. I'm sure being famous isn't easy, under the eye of the public, and keeping up with the standard of being "perfect". Communicating to the public is already hard enough having to deal wt the press , bu when you communicate to yo fans personally is admirable. I think it makes them seem more real that how we see them when there working. This relates to the article To Be and and Be Seen,written by Alice Marwick and Danah Boyd, when they explained the difference between backstage and frontage performance. In this case they both represent this theory.

    ReplyDelete